About the Club
Introduction to Traralgon Harriers
We provide athletics and recreational running oppertunities to the local community, for people of all ages and abilities. Our club has a range of programs and events that will interest anyone who enjoys walking, jogging or running as part of a healthy lifestyle.
The club currently has over 100 members, is the only club in Victoria to provide organised weekly runs and also holds Australia’s oldest current marathon, The Traralgon Marathon, along with a host of other events each year.
We are an inclusive community based club who supports local charities or community organisations and we rely exclusively on the great work and good will of many volunteers to run the club and our events.
We also have individuals and teams of all abilities who regularly represent the club in Athletics Victoria events.
To provide a family friendly club for athletes of all ages and abilities to reach full potential and to promote and develop wellbeing and fitness within the community.
- We will promote regular events for participation of people of all abilities and ages.
- We will encourage the younger generation to participate.
- We will develop fitness and wellbeing by encouraging members tp achieve their goals.
- We will encourage competitive memebers to participate in the hightest level possible.
- We will run regular social events.
- We will create a welcoming and supportive environment where people are eager to volunteer and participate.
Our values guide us as we strive to fulfil our mission and vision.
We value and are commited to:
- Member’s fitness and wellbeing
- Creating a family friendly enviroment in our club
- Treating everyone equally and with respect
- Encouraging a team approach
- Encouraging a community engagementa and participation
Our Sponsors and Supporters
The Traralgon Harriers wishes to acknowledge the generous support of all sponsors and members of the club, The Foot and Ankle Clinic, Gold1242, TR-FM and WIN Network.