Traralgon Harriers Athletics Club Code of Conduct
We want everyone to enjoy themselves which is why we developed a code of conduct, please become familiar with it.
Policy Commencement Date: October 2011
1. PURPOSE OF CODE
This Code of Conduct aims to ensure that the club’s core values, good reputation and positive behaviours and attitudes are maintained. It assists us in ensuring that every person involved in our sport is treated with respect and dignity and is safe and protected from abuse. It supports our commitment to eliminating discrimination, harassment and other forms of inappropriate behaviour from our sport.
This code is binding to all members and contravention of code is capable of constituting misconduct.
2. CODE OF CONDUCT
During club runs, social activities and at Athletics Victoria events the club requires all members to:
- To conduct themselves in a manner which ensures a comfortable and welcoming club environment, acknowledging the accomplishments and efforts of others and encouraging all to excel.
- Be responsible and accountable for their conduct ensuring the safety of others and so as not to reflect negatively on the club and its members.
- To treat all team mates and opponents with respect and courtesy and interact with all persons in a way that avoids behaviour that could be construed as discrimination, harassment, including sexual harassment, or abuse.
- Discrimination means treating a person differently than someone else on the basis of an attribute or characteristic they may have, including age, religious beliefs, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
- Harassment is any type of unwelcome behaviour that a reasonable person would recognise as being unwelcome and is likely to cause the recipient to feel offended, humiliated or intimidated.
- Sexual harassment is unwanted sexual advances, or visual, verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
- Abuse is a form of harassment and examples of abusive behaviour include bullying, humiliation, verbal abuse and insults.
All members have the right to an environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment and need to understand that this type of behaviour will not be accepted.
All members are responsible for ensuring that this Code of Conduct is followed and are expected to report any inappropriate actions or behaviour to a member of the committee.
3. CONSEQUENCE OF CONTRAVENTION OF CODE
The following behaviours (but not limited to) are considered breaches of the Code:
- Violent or abusive behaviour towards another person.
- Vilification of any kind towards another person.
- Discrimination against another person based on their age, gender or sexual orientation.
- Discrimination against another person based on their race, culture, religion or any other irrelevant personal characteristic.
- Sexual harassment or intimidation of another person.
- Victimisation of another person for exercising their rights through the Code of Conduct.
- Failure to maintain a safe environment.
Members who have been found to breach the code of conduct will be issued with a first written warning actioned by the resolution of the Committee of Management.
Further breaches of the code would result in a Final Written warning and then subsequent termination of membership actioned by the resolution of the Committee of Management.
If the executive find that the member has grossly breached the club code of conduct their membership may be terminated immediately.